A curated list of tools I recommend to my clients.
Welcome to monarch + viceroys toolbox section, a carefully curated list of the tools, resources and websites I strongly recommend for building and optimizing your business. I have personally used or tested every recommendation on this page. Many of the resources listed here are crucial to running my business and my clients businesses.
Before jumping into the resources below, all of which I know and trust, please make not of the following important disclosure:
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means that if you choose to make a purchase, I will earn a commission. This commission comes at no additional cost to you. Please understand that I have experience with all of these companies, and I recommend them because they are helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I make if you decide to buy something. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Evernote - App/Web
Let Evernote change the way you organize your personal and professional projects. Dive in: take notes, create to-do lists, and save things you find online into Evernote. Evernote will sync everything between your phone, tablet, and computer automatically.
Scanable - App
Scannable moves paper forward. Scan contracts, receipts, business cards, and any paper that comes your way. Save or share documents instantly and move on.
AUTOMATICALLY CAPTURE HIGH-QUALITY SCANS ANYWHERE
- Scan fast: Point your camera at documents, expense receipts, or whiteboards. Scannable immediately captures them.
- Save time: Scannable automatically rotates, crops, and adjusts images so your scans are clear and easy to read.
- Share or save: Send documents to colleagues via email or text, or export them as PDF and JPG files to Evernote and other apps.
DEAL WITH PAPER PROFESIONALLY
- Turn business cards into contacts: Pull information from business cards and LinkedIn, add profile photos, and save it all to your contacts list.
- Go paperless: Scannable works seamlessly with the ScanSnap Evernote Edition Scanner to get multi-page documents where they need to go.
- A scanner for everyone: With Scannable, your whole team can control a ScanSnap Evernote Edition Scanner from their own devices and send paper on its way.
Scannable is free to download and use.
Asana - App/Web
Whether you’re between meetings or in line for a latte, use Asana to quickly capture tasks, to-dos, reminders, and ideas. Get updates from coworkers, organize tasks and projects for work, or manage your to-do list for the day. With Asana’s mobile app, you can stay on top of your work from anywhere. Oh, and did we mention it’s free to download and use?
QUICKLY UPDATE & ADD YOUR WORK ON THE GO
- Add a task for to-dos, reminders, ideas, and requests— before you forget
- See your work to-do list in your “My Tasks” view
- Create projects to organize your tasks in lists or boards
- Add due dates, assignees, followers, details, and files to your tasks
- Comment on tasks from anywhere to clarify instructions or ask questions
ASANA MOBILE + WEB WORK TOGETHER
- Changes made in Asana’s mobile app will immediately appear in the web app
- No signal? No problem. Take actions when you’re offline, like creating a task, and updates will sync in Asana when you are back online.
TRACK AND ORGANIZE YOUR WORK
- View and organize your work task list every time you open Asana
- Add tasks to projects to break down your work in a list or board layout
- Complete tasks on the go and notify your team that your work is finished
- Search across all of your work to find the information you need quickly
- Add your My Tasks or project lists to your home screen with the Asana widget
- See projects you access frequently in one list
Acuity - App/Web
The most simple, user-friendly, modern, gorgeously powerful online scheduling ever made.
Clients can quickly view your real-time availability and self-book their own appointments—and even pay online, reschedule with a click, and eliminate 100% of the drudgery. (Official term.)
Work 2.5 weeks less this year and power up your revenue.
That’s an actual figure from our users who love Acuity and how dead simple it is. It doesn’t take weeks of frustration to set up, and you won’t be driven into a fit of existential despair trying to configure a laborious system of nightmares and stolen dreams. All you’ve got to do is plug in your information, and go.
Appointments are nice, but so are payments + power
Sign-up with Acuity today and start accepting payments via Stripe, Square, Braintree, and Authorize.net at the time of booking—and even save clients’ credit card information in our super duper secure vault so you can set up recurring appointments (and get instantly paid), or even charge for no-shows.
Acuity Scheduling is wicked smart and seamless, too
With ironclad calendar coordination, you can automatically sync new appointments to Google, Outlook, iCal or Office 365 (note: does not sync to kitchen wall calendar from 1998), and it’ll even send you and your client an email and text notification as a reminder that an appointment is coming up, so nothing ever falls through the cracks, ever again.
Even more awesome features
• Accept payment or deposits get paid at the same time as you get booked
• Customize everything and make it yours your scheduler will match your brand perfectly
• Send clients a link to your calendar or embed right on your website they can see your real-time availability and book themselves instantly
• Vault client credit cards clients can re-book with ease—and you can charge no-show fees with the click of a button
• Feel confident knowing client information is 100% private, in accordance with HIPAA
• Sell gift certificates & subscriptions set up packages, memberships, and even give group classes
Timely - App/Web
Timely is a simple and beautiful way to keep track of how much time you spend on tasks and projects. You can plan ahead and then log how much you spent working. It's scheduling and time tracking, simultaneously.
And with Timely for Apple Watch, time tracking has never been as simple as this.
- Beautiful and simple interface on iPhone and iPad
- Add tasks and plan how much you want to spend on them
- Apple Watch: Easily log time or start new timers
- Apple Watch: Organise all your entries, whether it's completing them, editing time or changing project
- Apple Watch: Use Glances to see your current active timer or the status of the day if no timer is running
- Works in real-time with the Mac app
- Use Custom Actions on notifications to quickly pause a timer or complete a task
- Organize hours into projects
- Set hourly rates budgets
- Complete control with reports
Every time tracking app out there uses the same concept; you log hours backwards in time. We want to flip that around. Instead of asking ‘what did you do this week?’, we're asking ‘what are you planning on doing this week?’ As a result, you’ll spend seconds logging hours and be more productive in the process.
Duet - App
Duet turns your iPad or iPhone into the most advanced extra display for your Mac & PC. Developed by a team of ex-Apple engineers, Duet offers unparalleled performance and display quality - all with zero lag.
— DO MORE —
Be twice as productive by multitasking with two screens. And for those that travel, have a portable way to stay productive.
— INCREDIBLY SIMPLE —
To get started, plug your iPad into your desktop using your charging cable. The free Duet desktop app will automatically detect your device, and transform it into a high performance touchscreen display.
There’s no need to worry about unreliable Wi-Fi, laggy performance, pixelated screens or managing network passwords.
— TOUCHSCREEN —
Interact with Mac & PC like never before, with touch & gestures, including two-finger scrolling, pan and zoom.
And with our latest release, you can even add a touch bar to any iPad with any Mac.
— PERFECT FOR APPLE PENCIL —
With Duet Pro, you can turn your iPad and Apple Pencil into a professional graphics tablet. We’ve re-engineered our rendering algorithms for ultra-responsive drawing, optimized specifically for designers, illustrators and artists.
Duet Pro also unlocks pressure & tilt sensitivity, hover, palm rejection, and more to seamlessly draw in the most powerful programs for professionals. Get precise control in Photoshop, Corel Painter, Lightroom, ToonBoom, Illustrator, Manga Studio and more.